Back to School is a busy time for both kids and parents. I know it takes us a bit of time to get back into a routine and weeknights can be hectic. This week, we’re teaming up with Horizon Organic to share a super simple Mac and Cheese Weeknight Dinner where the kids can create their own masterpiece. This mini mac and cheese meal has become a family favorite in our house since the girls absolutely love to be in the kitchen. And they’ve fallen hard for these adorable mini ramekins.
This weeknight meal couldn’t be any easier. Horizon Mac & Cheese, your kids favorite veggies and some shredded cheese and you’re all set. It gives the kids the chance to make their own healthy choices when creating their mac and cheese masterpieces.
Read more for the recipe…
Easy Mini Mac and Cheese Casserole Weeknight Meal
box of Horizon Mac & Cheese
steamed broccoli cut up in small pieces
steamed cauliflower cut up in small pieces
diced red pepper
- Make box of mac and cheese. I like to undercook noodles by a minute or two since you’ll be baking it in the oven too. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep veggies while mac and cheese cooks. Place veggies in bowls so kids can easily use them.
- Put mac and cheese in individual ramekins. Let the kids add their favorite veggies and top with cheese.
- Cook in oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted on top.
- Let cool and serve. Make sure ramekins are cool for kids.
photos by Melissa Fenlon.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.