post by Melissa
I’m in love with polar bears this holiday season. So I whipped up this adorable air dry clay bear plate. You can use it as a candy dish, on your holiday table, or to simply hold some bright, cheery bells or berries. And what’s so fun about using air dry clay is that the kids can make these too. Remember these bunny bowls we made last year? Well, you could say they needed some wintery bear friends.
Read more to find out how to make these clay bear plates.
1. Roll out air dry clay on smooth surface like parchment paper. Roll to thickness of 1/4 inch.
2. Place bear-plate-template (click to download). Cut around the edge of the template with a knife.
3. Smooth edges with your finger. Dip your finger in water and rub on edges if you need more help smoothing out.
4. Lift clay gently off of parchment paper. Place bear in a platter or shallow bowl. Let clay dry overnight, up to a day or two until dry. Pop out the dried clay.
5. Paint the eyes and nose with a marker or paint on with acrylic paint.
6. Put out your little polar bear and fill his belly with candy! Remember, these are not food safe.
photos by Melissa Fenlon. all rights reserved.