Every summer I grow radishes in my garden – the girls love to pick them and I love to eat them! This summer, I’m finally sharing my Spicy Quick Pickled Radish Recipe. They are perfect on tacos and salads and I love to just snack on them!
We make a lot of tacos at our house – barbacoa, carnitas, quick Instant Pot chicken tacos, and one of my favorite taco toppings is this Quick Pickled Radish Recipe. They have a bit of spice to them thanks to some red pepper flakes, and then the classic flavor of pickled veggies.
Spicy Quick Pickled Radish Recipe
1 bunch radishes
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
2 T maple syrup or honey
1 tsp salt
½ tsp red pepper chili flakes
4 garlic cloves
6 whole peppercorns (optional)
- Wash your bunch of radishes and slice them thin, using a knife or mandolin.
- Put radish slices in glass jar. We love our Weck jars.
- To make your brine, heat vinegar, water, maple syrup, salt, chili flakes, garlic and peppercorns in pan. Bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over radish slices and let cool.
- Close lid and refrigerate for up to a month.
These pickled radishes are best when used in the first week, but you can keep well in the fridge for several weeks.